Counselor in Training
Registration will open in the Spring.
Our Counselor-in-Training (CIT) program gives rising 9th graders a taste of the hard work and big rewards that go along with being an In the City Camp counselor. During this hands-on program, CITs will experience camp from a staff perspective as they:
- Help counselors lead Kid Camp bunks (Kindergarten through 6th grade)
- Engage with and serve as positive Jewish role models to campers
- Assist campers during specialist-led activities like art, dance, and magic
- Attend and support staff during Kid Camp field trips
- Lend a helping hand during camp-wide Shabbat programs
Rising 9th graders
8 CITS to 1 staff member
Like our staff, CITs gain the communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills that colleges and future employers value. You can read more about the well-known benefits of working at camp here, here, and here.
To top it off:
- CITs receive 10 community service hours for each week they participate.
- CITs who attend the 4-week program receive a $50 stipend at summer’s end.
- Successful graduates of the full CIT program will have an advantage when applying for Junior Counselor positions at camp the following year.
- The CIT program is limited to rising 9th graders who are accepted following an application and interview process. Parents are asked for their child’s email address so we can contact him/her directly. We will copy parents on correspondence related to the application process.
- CITs are not staff members.
|Early Bird||Springtime Special||Summer’s Here|
|Jan 5 – Jan 31||Feb 1 – April 30||May 1 – Aug 4|