Please send your child to camp each day with the following items. The Friday before each week your child attends camp, you will receive a comprehensive email outlining everything you need to know about the week ahead.
Clothing and Supplies
- Refillable water bottle – Please drink water on the way to camp each morning!
- Hat (if desired for sun protection)
- Sunscreen – Please apply sunscreen at home each morning and send extra so we can reapply it.
- Please dress your child in soft-sole shoes. Closed-toe shoes are recommended. You may also want to pack water shoes as we sometimes go on creek hikes!
- A change of clothes in case of rain.
- Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders only: Bring your bike AND HELMET to camp for bike riding lessons! Bike riding is a choice activity so please encourage your camper to choose it if you want him/her to practice riding. Carpool parents: Please drop your child at carpool and then circle around to the bike drop off area. Staff will be present to direct you. Bus riders may bring bikes on the bus. NOTE: Bikes will be stored outside. Please label your child’s bike and helmet with first and last name and bunk (grade entering in fall).
- Swimsuit and swim gear (swim shirt, goggles, towel, plastic bag for wet clothes, etc.) ***If your camper is not an independent swimmer, please pack a flotation device (puddle jumper, life vest, etc.) to use at the pool.
- Kid Campers (rising K-3rd grade) and CITs swim on Tuesdays and Thursdays (and on some Wed. field trips – we will let you know!). Please dress ALL rising K-3rd graders who want to swim in their swimsuits and wearing sunscreen on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- Kid Campers (rising 4th and 5th grade) swim on Tuesday mornings (and on some Wednesday and Thursday field trips – we will let you know!) Please dress ALL rising 4th and 5th graders who want to swim in their swimsuits and wearing sunscreen on Tuesday mornings.
- Tween Campers in the Traditional Tween Camp program swim on Mondays and Tuesdays and should always pack a bathing suit for overnight trips. Tweens and tween parents will receive a detailed overnight pack list each Monday. Tweens in the Business Entrepreneurship program do not swim.
- NO campers swim on Fridays.
Snacks and Lunch
- Snacks – Please pack at least two per day. Campers get very hungry! Kids who attend before and after care should bring additional snacks.
- Money for our camp canteen! Cash only, please. We sell kosher snacks and drinks for $1 at designated times each day. Please send your child with a dollar or two each day if you want him or her to be able to purchase drinks or snacks. We are also selling In the City Camp bags, pennants, head wraps, coffee mugs, and more!
- Lunch – Please pack a lunch or send cash to purchase lunch. All for-sale lunch items are kosher. Items include: Uncrustables peanut butter & jelly sandwiches ($2), bagels with cream cheese ($2), crunchy snack, drinks, treats, etc. ($1).
The Sandy Springs catered lunch program has been discontinued.
- When packing lunch and snacks for your child, we ask that you follow kosher guidelines. Please avoid packing dairy and meat in the same meal. Please also refrain from sending your camper with pork or shellfish.
- Parents who send their child with money for lunch should still send their camper with snacks and a water bottle.
- All of the food we make at camp will be of the highest kosher quality.
- In the City Camp is NOT a nut-free environment. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- We will provide campers with water at lunch and throughout the day.
Other Important Notes
- Parents of campers with food allergies: Please complete the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan form. Print, fill out, and return to camp on the first day your child attends.
- If your child carries an EpiPen, please send him/her with two.
- If you will be leaving us with meds for allergic reactions including an Epi-Pen, or need us to dispense medicine to your camper during camp hours, please send the medication on your camper’s first day in a ziplock bag along with usage instructions you print via mymedschedule.com. You will receive complete direction the Friday before each week begins.
- Please dress your child in the camp t-shirt on field trip day: Wednesdays for Kid Camp and Tween Camp unless otherwise noted.
- Please label all of your camper’s gear!
- Camp can be a messy place! We cook, tie dye, and play outside. Please dress your child appropriately.
- Campers’ cell phones and other personal electronic devices are not allowed to be in sight or in use at camp during the hours of 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Please leave these items at home.