If you have staff questions that are not addressed below or just want to hear more about the staff experience at In the City Camp, please call us at 404-698-1134 and choose the extension for Carly Reisman, Camp Director.
Why should I be a Counselor at In the City Camp this summer?
There are so many benefits to spending your summer with us. Here are just a few.
- You’ll gain valuable life skills and experience that colleges and future employers value. But don’t take our word for it, look here, here, here, here, here, here, and here (we especially love the last one – just swap out the camp name).
- You’ll have a whole lot of fun spending the summer playing sports, swimming, cooking, and painting — and you’ll make money doing it!
- You’ll make a bunch of new fun, energetic, smart Jewish friends and valuable lifelong connections.
- You’ll earn a competitive, fair salary for your work.
- You’ll be a positive role model to countless Jewish kids.
- You’ll start each morning singing and dancing!
How old do I need to be to work as a Counselor?
Junior counselors are rising 10th graders. Counselors are rising 11th and 12th graders. Head Counselors are rising college students and college-age young adults.
What time will I need to be at camp each day?
Camp runs from 9:00am-4:00pm. All counselor staff must be at camp each day no later than 8:30am and should expect to work until 4:30pm. Staff who work Before/After Care or as Bus Counselors work slightly different hours in the mornings and afternoons.
Will I receive training for my role as a counselor?
Yes! All counselor staff will attend mandatory training sessions before camp begins. Additionally, during the summer, counselors regroup at the end of each day and meet before the start of each week to ensure everyone is prepared to deliver a fantastic and safe experience to our campers. The Camp Director and head staff are always available to answer questions and provide guidance during the camp day.
I need volunteer hours for school. Can I volunteer for some or all of the weeks I work at camp?
Yes! We’d love for you to be part of camp as a volunteer! There’s no need to fill out an application yet – just send an email to email@example.com to get the process moving.
Will I work at the Intown, Sandy Springs, or Johns Creek location?
We assign staff to locations based on our campers’ needs and make every effort to assign you to the location that is most convenient.
What summer jobs are available at In the City Camp?
What is the hiring process?
First, you’ll need to complete our staff application. It’s open now, so you can apply today! Once that’s done, we’ll contact you to schedule an interview.
How many weeks do staff work at camp?
Camp runs for 9 weeks, from June 3 – August 2, 2019. You can view the details here. We give strong hiring preference to staff who are able to work for at least 3 consecutive weeks – and even stronger preference to staff who can work with us the whole summer or close to it. Just like our campers, staff who work for multiple weeks get the most out of the experience.